Monday, December 21, 2009

Two Oh Oh Nine.

2009 have left me many bittersweet moments. A lot of grieve, and yet at somewhat throughout all the calamities - a lot of joy. I suppose with empathy you learn to appreciate pure delight more. In proceedings of the year, I made a bunch of new friends. Some that left, and some that stick, and some who were just down right impossible and obnoxious. Whoever and whatever they're made of, imma hear to tell you that you all have made that perhaps minimal but eloquent impact in my hell heck of a year. Be it good or bad, you guys have been a blessing in disguise. Parts and parcels of life, I always say. You guys each have taught me a lesson that I won't be able to benefit from without meeting the either brilliant or dim witted minds of youse.

Within this year, I've gotten closer to people whom accept me for who I am. I also learnt not to be as naive as always like to think that just cause people are nice to yr face doesn't mean their intentions are sincerely genuine. Yeah, life's a bitch like that sometimes.

Oh, I do once again stand by my theory that everyone do have skeletons in their closets. I have unveiled quite a bunch of 'em. However dark or mystifying these untold actuality can be, I find a certain engaging beauty out of these silent conundrum. I believe all those forbidden truth in some ways make you and break you, mold you into the person you are today when you look yourself into the mirror and see your own vividly enthralled reflection. Sure, to a stranger or an estranged friend, it may look just like any other reflection. But if you stare a little longer and if someone sees you profoundly enough, you'd find that there're set of secrets lurking at every corner, hanging around to be liberated, perhaps at your most vulnerable moments or the day you choose to trust someone, both quite a beautiful scene to forbear if I must say.

That being said, I've met an equal amount of people who are downright ignorant and are still as immature as hell albeit their non existant intellectuality. So content at where they're at they refuse to bulge. What happened to nothing is permanent but change? I used to think change was an atrocious evil thing, but after much comprehension and what nots - isn't it with change only that we evolve, we become ze better nobler person of sorts? Or is that a rather too philosophical for us to fathom?

Whatever tragedies that strike me this year, karma somehow counterbalance it by letting me meet these few truly fresh unconventionally bizarre yet interesting people that I thought would be extinct by now considering how some can be obscurely contrasting to the cynical stereotype I have implanted upon the community. Who knew aye. Haha. Perhaps there's still some essence of unadulterated sincerity left in mankind. Perhaps humanity is not entirely a lost cause. Just maybe only larh.

I grew up the most this year. I learnt to be more grateful towards people I love and respect, to trust when it seems beyond ridiculous to, to enjoy the simple smaller yet equally sentimental things. The crisp smell of morning fresh air, chilling with the lovelies to mid morning. Obscene amount of lip-smacking, artery-clogging chow, countless chocolate lounge session with different individuals with each their own distinct lucid stories to tell. The pure unadulterated, unpretentious laughter among people that who never cease to amaze me.

Wherever life takes me, Imma grateful that I can look back at 2009 and smile because it happened. I did not just a waste a year full of nonsensical binge drinking and aimless partying. I met people who had vivid stories, made me learn from their virtues, ditch a few of 'em preposterous, ludicrous one that I concluded are too shallow for my keepsake.

I suppose Imma writing this to myself considering the meager to none fellow readers I've got, I wonder who would actually tolerate my insane amount of long-winded jibberish that came out from my complicated entangled thoughts. It's been a helluva of an emotional whirlwind filled with unscripted escapades this year. I wonder what's in stored for me in 2010? ;3

Nah nah nah,

Everly annoying and stubborn,

Mandy, x.

No comments: