Monday, October 8, 2007

Lost.

Sitting in the noisy classroom,
I hear boisterous laughter and nonsensical chit-chatter.

The people pleaser part to me
day by day have slowly seem to fade away.

They only come when they want something from me,
but they're never there when I need them.

Where are you when I want to complain about my jiggly body fats?
Where are you when I wanted to obsess about the boy I couldnt get?
Where are you when I'm on the verge to tears?

You cry for the smallest things,
while I had to stay tough so people wont see my scars.

You fuss about the silliest things,
while I have huge skeletons locked in my closet.

Whenever you're down in the ditch,
I pick you up and make you laugh 'til you pee your pants.

I'm your lil' bitch,
there when you need me & begone when you're up and partying.

I may be happy and joyful all the time,
but I do have feelings, although I dont like admitting it.

Hiding my tears with laughter,
hiding my pain with sarcasm.

I want to be strong,
to be independent,
standing own my own two feet.

I admit defeat,
I'm not that tough.

No matter how I try to lie to myself that I can make throught this cold harsh world by my own,
I can't.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

mesmerizing poem.love it.